Wednesday 20 March 2013

MIDNIGHT IN PARIS - RELEASED 10/06/2011

Directed and Written by - Woody Allen

While on a trip to Paris with his fiancĂ©'s family, a nostalgic screenwriter finds himself mysteriously going back to the 1920s every day at midnight. It's about a young man's great love for a city, Paris, and the illusion people have that a life different from theirs would be much better. It stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, Carla Bruni, among others.

I was so excited to see this film, considering it had won an Oscar AND Golden Globe for Best Original Screenplay. I Adore Paris and everything in it, so I figured this film would be the perfect type of Rom Com to cuddle up with a blanket next to the fire with a few of my girls. However, I was slightly dissapointed! I felt like the story came to it's climax, but suddenly plummeted down into... well... nothing.  

Don't get me wrong the concept of the film was perfect combining all the most iconic 1920's characters like Mr and Ms Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway and T.S Elliot. You could see that [Woody] Allen wanted the audience to fall in love with Paris as much as the main character Gil did, but I just felt like the film was watchable, not something that instantly made me want to replay it. Sorry Woody!

"Paris exists and anyone who could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment